The Construction Industry Council is managed by a CEO and an executive committee.
CIC EXECUTIVE Committee
Gordon Jenkins – President Jon Orton – Vice President
Chandar Bala – Treasurer Vijay Naidu – CEO
Stephen Hallacy – Secretary George Rubine – Member
Shane Harris – Member
During the year (June), CIC held a very successful conference at the Warwick where 370 delegates asked CIC to look into 9 areas of concern. Since the conference, nine task groups have been organized to address resolution issues emanating from the Conference.
We have a Vision – To sustain a strong and healthy construction industry into the future.
To achieve this vision we will:
- Strengthen the construction industry by strengthening CIC associations
- Build a strong workforce through focused education and training.
- Grow our contribution through our associations to the annual GDP growth of the nation.
- Regulate the industry through a licensing process.
- Address the major concerns in the industry through effective dialogue and action and resolve the long standing criticism.
- Design and implement programs that address impediments to the growth of the industry.
- To be the voice of the construction industry representing all CIC associations.
- Most important, we wish to establish a strong working relationship with Government for the construction industry.